a formula for success in tenant representation
TREC Approved MCE Course Number: 060007424445 (6 Hours)
The purpose of this thoroughly practical course is to help the broker or agent with a variety of techniques for boosting their current commissions and develop a source of recurring business.
This course will teach the fundamentals and the processes involved in the representation of commercial tenants during their search for business space to lease; their subsequent negotiations; their plans to move, and considerations for tenant finish-out of lease space.
This course provides a sound exploration for the manner in which these transactions are normally conducted. This course has been successfully used to train new personnel and agents when they have no background in the commercial leasing industry.
While this course is designed for those brokers and agents who have limited experience in commercial leasing, it is rich enough in content for the seasoned professional. The course begins with an overview of the business and logically takes a broker/agent through the 12-step process from discovery to tenant move in and beyond. Finally, the student will gain an understanding of the variety of additional consulting services they may provide.
This realistic and relevant course will increase and support your development of practical business skills, enhanced competence and ongoing professionalism.
This course explores the art of the commercial leasing business! This includes:
- The keys to understanding the tenant’s current situation, and how this impacts the representation process
- How to analyze and evaluate the tenant’s current space utilization
- Learn a logical process for assessing future space requirements
- How to determine a tenant’s special needs
- Help the tenant understand what can be achieved in the rental marketplace
- How to research market conditions including the market overview, the inventory supply, vacancy rates and space availability
- What to discover on a property tour; and how and when to arrange them
- Comparing suitable properties for the tenant
- Making key presentations and knowing what to include
- How to assist the tenant in preparing for tenant finish-out construction and move-in
- The proper use of exclusive representation agreements and forms
- How to improve your professionalism in the industry and within the business community
- Understand the necessary elements for repeat business
- Reasons why you should keep in touch with your tenants
This course does not have a required Final Exam.